Sunday, October 11, 2009

carbondale

I went down to Carbondale on Friday to check out the area again and look at some places. The first place we looked at was definitely a no. Then we went and checked out university housing. We're considering just staying in family housing which means our animals have to stay back home, at least for a semester. That's the part that really suck but its cheap and minutes away from campus. We haven't made any decisions and I won't find out if we got accepted for university housing til November. I guess I'll decide then.

We went to the mall after we applied for housing. The mall down there was a HUGE disappointment. They only had 2 places to eat in the food court. Most of the store we're empty. And the ones that were open weren't that great. I guess I'll have to find a mall close to Carbondale or just come back here when I want to go shopping.

I'm really excited about the move that coming up. We're moving December 18. The day after I'm done with finals. It feels so far away but really it's only 2 months away. I'm pretty nervous about being that far away. I'll miss my mom so much. But I guess I'll just have to deal.

Hopefully everything goes the way its planned. We'll see what happens over the next two months....

1 comment:

  1. Carbondale reminds me a little of where I went to college--Muncie, Indiana (Ball State). The mall there was small, but I didn't go there often. School was my top priority, and there were better places to eat near campus than at the mall. You'll get used to being away from "home," but you will make a home there too.

    ReplyDelete